Tuesday, September 15, 2009

News

Lots of news. ok maybe not lots, but a good deal. ok, maybe that is an exaggeration as well…but I have some news LOL.

Things have been progressing well on the writing front. I have been working on The Prank and Mu. We left the daughter as a captive and now, we have shifted attention back to mom, just wait until you read it. it is going to be good. or, at least, I think it will. I hope you will too. 

As for The Prank? If you have been following on Twitter, the Greek Goddess Artemis has been giving me fits, wanting things her way…which is funny, because the story is not exactly about her, but her and Apollo have decided they want a bigger role in the story than I originally planned for them. the stinkers. But Artemis really wants the bigger role. She is making some interesting plots for some of my characters.

I had to go back in time in the story line in the beginning to lay out some of the story for the twins…their family before they were born, to prevent a little bit of confusion later in the story. And boy, their family is really throwing me some curve balls that even I wasn’t expecting. I mean, I knew it, but I wasn’t expecting on putting it in to this degree, or it even showing up, if you know what I mean. I was planning on it just being hints. But, like the saying goes, and it plays especially well with the Greek Gods, “If you want to make the gods laugh, make plans.” But, I am almost back to the original beginning…wait, no I’m not. I just realized, I have a bit of a…oops, I almost let it slip. bad me. ok, I will change the subject, but let me say this, I do have a little bit more work before I am back to the original beginning before I can go back to where I left the twins hanging. I kind of left Reis in the middle of a fit of rage…it’s a wonder he hasn’t exploded yet LOL.

So, what else…Oh yes, I was a bit stuck on part of the story when Artemis changed a bit of the plot on me and I was a little lost on which direction to go…force my way, or to go her way…which I might add, she didn’t leave too clear on what exactly she wanted me to do once I followed her. So I pulled out my tarot cards and, oh I love the tarot, especially in regards to the writing. It led me exactly where I needed to go. Not only did the first few cards tell me exactly what I had already done, but the last cards told me exactly where I was heading, what I knew was to be the end result…and the middle cards, they were the ones that told me what I needed to know, what direction I needed to take what I had already done to achieve where I knew I needed to go. It was a beautiful thing. But, then, I got a little sidetracked and almost turned the book into the wrong genre…I have been reading too many other’s work that head in that same direction. I need to take a slight break and read a “genre cleansing” book…something that will get my mind away from the paranormal genre so it doesn’t bleed others ideas into my book. Yes, I still need to head in that direction, but this book is not shape shifters or vampires LOL. It is something else entirely. I am not saying it is something entirely new. I am not that egotistical…hell, I am not sure exactly what it is going to turn out to be until I get further into it. they have not fully expressed their powers to me, but I do know it is not vampires or shape shifters. **looks toward her files and sticks out her tongue and mumbles “so there” at them**

ok on the health front. I have to say I am bowled over by my new doctor. I have said this several times already. But,  where I have been waiting months and months and months with other doctors for the insulin pump….with this new doctor…I have the new insulin pump sitting right here in front of me, newly delivered this afternoon. Of course, I have to wait until the 30th before I can actually hook up to it because I have to wait for the training. which I actually don’t need, but for insurance purposes, I have to have.

The problem? the part that I was really looking forward to, the part that I really need, the part that monitors my blood sugars continuously….Medicare won’t pay for. so, unless I can get my secondary insurance to pay for it, it will cost me over $1000 this month and each consecutive month it will cost around $500 for the supplies. Diabetes is not a cheap disease. **sigh**

I was going to write this afternoon, but I have been so busy playing with the new pump, that I didn’t get around to writing LOL. Tomorrow, I will dedicate all day, just check a few emails and then get right on writing. no delays. I will chain myself to the desk. ok, maybe not that far. But I do need to get a few scenes written that are driving me crazy LOL.

For now, I am going to go read more of the instruction manuals and play with the pump more.

 

**disclaimer: writer I am, writer I will always be. But spelling I never claimed to own. There will always be spelling errors, even with the aid of spell checkers. Unless I employ 20 proof-readers, and if I do that, you will never get to see these blogs…so, guess you will have to put up with the spelling errors….or do what I do. Blame it on the Typo-Fae and say the spelling errors occurred en-route ;-)**

Search This Blog