Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What have we here?/Strange animals cont.

I am almost finished with consolidating my files! I know. I am shocked myself. After I don’t know how many days, I can finally see the end. All I have left of consolidating is burning one batch of files onto a cd and I am through…of course, after all of this, my computer is screaming for mercy and begging me to do some maintenance on it. I bet the defrag ration is quite high right now, what with adding a lot of files, rearranging them, deleting them, etc.

One thing I did that I was horrified to find out, and almost didn’t find out in time is, sometime during this process, my external hard drive was slid toward the back of the computer and was right in front, just millimeters away from, the main vent of the computer. I had no clue. I didn’t think to look. I noticed my computer (and the external hard drive) was getting quite hot. hot to the point of almost burning. The computer was running very poorly, the fan on all the time, and it would fight me with the second monitor turning on…well, one or the other of the monitor…it was never the same one. Then I noticed, everything seemed to run slightly better after I had shut down the system and turned it back on hours later. Then it started back up again. I happened to look down the side of the computer for some reason, I don’t remember why, when I saw where the external hard drive was…Since moving it forward again, and slightly away from the computer, everything is running a lot better. The computer is literally breathing a sigh of relief LOL.

So, next in the list of my strange animals is Mishka. Mishka was given to me by one of my friends when I turned thirteen, a month after I was diagnosed with the diabetes. Mishka was a very loving kitty…to me. Since shortly after she was born, I would go to my friends house, and she would be the one I would play with. She was a Manx…she just had a short stub for a tail…a stub that was broken just below the tip when she was born. If she could not find me in the house, she would wander the house meowing for me until she found me, then she would purr so loud that you could hear it across the room. When she would meow searching for me, it sounded like she was calling “Mom”. Unfortunately, we didn’t have her very long. She had to be put down due to feline leukemia about 6 months after we got her, so we didn’t get to see a lot of her budding personality.

Then we move on to Fat Rat (Lee). Now Fat Rat was a seal-point (however that is spelled LOL) Siamese. We got Fat Rat a month or so before we had to put Mishka down, and when he first arrived, Mishka pinned him in a corner and meowed and growled at him while he cowered. It literally looked like she was laying down the law to him. Now Fat Rat didn’t have too many odd things about him…the reason for his name is he was incredibly fat, yet when we bathed him, which he really loved to do, he looked like a drowned rat. So, he became known as Fat Rat. Fat Rat and Ginger were inseparable. Fat Rat would sleep on top of Ginger. When Ginger started going down hill, so did Fat Rat. Several times, they had seizures at the same time. We eventually put them both down, but because they were inseparable, we had to do it at the same time, so we had to wait for them both to be so bad, there was nothing to be done. We knew that if we put one down, the other would die shortly after.

No comments:

Search This Blog