Monday, May 18, 2009

What progress? and Strange Animals

I have been so busy consolidating CDs that I have not had a chance to work on writing itself. One thing I need to finish before the first of June is creating the cover art for Mu Mysteries. But right now, I have spent the last three days just on pictures, about 8 hours a day. Which is absolutely killing my body. But it must be done. Then I can install my filters and plug-ins for Paint Shop Pro 9 so I can do the cover art. Lucky I still have just under 2 weeks, and once I am set-up, it doesn’t take me long to design stuff…course my designs are relatively simple compared to anything done professionally LOL. But, it also looks like I might be signing up for a free Greek language course. I have always wanted to learn it, but when I received my English-Greek dictionary…well, it is written in actual Greek font…and not the English-Greek that I thought it was going to be…the English words are written in English, but the Greek portion is not in English font. frustrating..though I am proud of myself, I did figure out one word from the English-Greek to the Greek, to English so I knew what it said LOL. I am pathetic ;-)

Now, on to my second topic of this blog…

I have the strangest animals. Their personality quirks are something else. I am sure there are others equally as strange, or even more strange, but what I can lay claim to, is every one of my animals (at least the indoor ones) have had very distinctively strange personality quirks…

Lets see, we can start out with Ginger, who was a Lassie want to-be. She was a collie-Golden Retriever. She had the coloring (for the most part) of a golden retriever, but the build and long hair (and the “collie bone” on top of her head. She would watch the Lassie TV show any time it was one. She also enjoyed Flipper LOL. She liked to play hide-and-seek. She liked to play police dog…we would walk toward her (or somebody else) half-crouched over, with our hands in a strangling position, and she would “attack” until we stood against the wall with our hands and feet spread. Then she would only bark. That is, unless we tried to move away from the wall, and then she would attack again. She liked to have her deflated soccer ball thrown on the roof so that she could judge where it was coming down, and she would leap into the air and catch it. She would pull us on our bikes. She would haul our sleds/toboggan for us…we would go down the hills, and then hook the sleds to her harness and she would pull them up for us. One day, Brad (the mid-kid), started a rock avalanche above Bryan (the eldest), and Ginger ran and pushed Bryan out of the way of the falling debris. She also loved to be dressed in human clothes. We would put a tee shirt on her, socks on her legs and Levi shorts (turned around with the zipper on top so we could put her tail through it), and a base-ball cap and a pair of sunglasses. If she had a headache, she liked to lay with a cold gel pack on the top of her head (or nose, if it was bothering her.) when she was a pup, she was bit by a weasel on her nose, and several years later, the gas company meter-reader broke her nose by slamming his metal clipboard on it when he had no business being in the backyard. the meter was not even close to it. One thing that was really fun to do, though kind of mean, was this: we would pretend to grab her nose off her face and tell her we had her nose. she would do everything she could to try to pry open our hands, and one day, Brad opened her mouth and pretended to shove Ginger’s nose down her throat. When we told her she ate her nose, she started to gag, and gag, and gag. We had to quickly open up her mouth and pretend to grab the nose out, and put it back on her snout. She would immediately stop gagging and would wag her tail. Ginger was poisoned a year before we put her down. We managed to save her, but it unleashed a lot of health problems.

I have many other animals to talk about, but I will do those in subsequent posts.

No comments:

Search This Blog