Wednesday, July 15, 2009

almost back in business

Woohoo! Ok. so following all my drama about the computer, I have finally won **ok, where is some wood to knock on, where is my rabbits foot? where is my lucky unicorn???** LOL. So, got all the parts of the computer working. got the monitor working. do I have the wireless internet working? Nope. Giagantico the computer here has finally told me under no uncertain terms will it work with wireless. talk about a spoilsport. He…and it is definitely a he…says that while he will permit me to browse the internet with wireless, if I think I am going to actually get work done, I have another think coming to me. This is how it went. Of course, I started out with the router and hub in the kitchen near dads desk. I could get online…sort of. So we got the cable of the hub to come into the office with the router. still the same. everybody else can get on the wireless, but not me. So I connect a Ethernet cable direct to the router, and voila! I am fully online. So, my question is…why do I always seem to be tied down with cables (and [pump] tubing???) Just once I would love to fly solo without something attached to me ROFL. So, internet running. now, I need to finish up chapter 2…there is no way I am going to get chapter 3 finished this month…the month is already half-gone…where’d it go anyway? but, I promise (And all gremlins better listen to this promise) that chapter two of Mu will be uploaded by the first…come hell, hail, high-water or the wrath of the coputer gods. I will defeat all and win! **cowers under the desk** ok, ok. I didn’t mean it. I promise I won’t anger any gods…**whimper** I be a good girl. I won’t cause any problems…**strokes loverly computer** I will be nice to Giagantico. I will feed him and groom him and tell love poems **gag** to him. just let me keep working. just let me stay online. I will make sure he has pletny to eat so that he doesn’t have to munch on my files…I promise! **looks entreatingly up at the sky…**

Search This Blog