Wednesday, September 30, 2009

strange dream – now trying to research it

ok, now why am I trying to research a dream? because both my mom and I both had the same dream with varying depth to the dream, I believe in prophetic, and/or telling dreams and I also believe that spirits talk to us in our dreams and with Halloween approaching, the spirits are getting more and more active.

So, here is my version of the dream.

this dream was interspersed with a dream about the appointment I was supposed to have today with my insulin pump trainer. the dream also jumped between the early 1800s and present day, but it revolved around the same dream. except the pump trainer LOL. that was my brain trying to draw me away. I have the impression that it was toward the North East, around Pennsylvania or West Virgina area and that it was a family that was more upper class, maybe not one of the completely wealthy, but definitely upper class.

Anyway, I will leave the details of the pump trainer out.

The dream starts out at night. I am in the bathroom. It is dimly lit with a gas lamps. they were turned down low. Everything was turn of the century. I was standing in front of a mirror, but I wasn’t me, I couldn’t see “me” clearly though. I did see that I was in a night gown. I was getting ready for bed. My hair was curly and I was braiding it. I was the nanny. I hear a noise. A window breaks. I hear screaming children. so many screams. It is dark. I run into the nursery. I am knocked out. I wake. The children are not in the nursery. I hear more screaming. these are adults. The day help. I run toward the screaming. I feel, more than see, the parents murdered. that was not where the screaming was coming from. I go outside to the play area. There. There are the children. all seven of them. murdered. no. not murdered. butchered. pieces of them here. pieces of them there. I don’t know if it is the wind pushing against fabric and limbs that give the impression of twitching, or if they *were* still twitching…

flash to the present day. somehow a bunch of kids learn about this murder. They decide to reenact the scene. I get the impression there was a photograph…so, looking that little info up, it looks like the first permanent photograph was taken in 1825…so it would have to be after that…or the scene was so well described that the children were able to have all the gruesome info…or just my brain trying to sort through the info of the original part of the dream…but I have a strong feeling there was a picture…who knows though…but back to the dream. The present day children were reenacting the dreams, even going so far as to getting period clothing and a child’s glove and putting a frog in the glove so it would look like the “hand” was twitching.

Then it just kept flashing back and forth between the two scenes of the original murder of the children, and the reenactment. the parents were never shown in the dream. but they were “felt” as murdered, as dead. and the babble in the background could be heard giving that information. It focused mainly on the butchered bodies of the children.

 

so. here is mom’s dream, from what little she told me. It is pretty much the same. she did not see a nanny, she saw the parents dead, the mom was pregnant with her 8th child. the children, she cannot remember exactly where they were, only that they were strewn all over the place, butchered.

 

I did not tell her much about my dream, and I haven’t asked her that much about hers.

It is not uncommon for me to dream of ancient battles or things like this…but *not* of children’s deaths.

Search This Blog