Monday, December 7, 2009

Lots to do!

I can’t believe this year is already almost over with. Where has it gone? I blame my sister-in-law…she keeps wishing the days away. *snicker* Just kidding Marline. you know I love ya!

Seriously though, my days are so full of things to do anymore that by the time I get through even a portion of the stuff, the day is over and I have to start all over again. Most of the items are continuous, like writing and blogging…which I would not want to stop. but then I have other things like cleaning that I wish would ;) LOL.

There are other things that have been keeping me busy as well. Some of them are:

learning Greek. I have been having a blast at this. Though, I do admit that mostly I am concentrating on trying to get the alphabet down. No, it is not that difficult. In fact, we know most of it already, I am trying to get the accent and also trying to remember it. With the diabetes, my memory is not that great anymore. too many trips into the hospital have taken its toll. But I noticed last night that I have made tremendous strides. I have most of it down. There are just a few that I am tripping up on.

I am also working on a list of possible Greek words that I am going to be using in the Hubris stories. Which is also helping with the Greek lessons.

I am also going back over my first novel, Judgment at Witches Court and taking notes. Partly for something I have planned for the blog, and partly for something I have planned for the *eventual* newsletter (more about that in a few). I am also leaning more and more toward “yes” I will do a sequel to it. It is not as painful going back over it as I thought it was going to be. Though I am groaning at some of the things I put in it! ROFLMAO

I am also working on the four manuscripts I already have going. Yes, four. I know I have been talking lately about only three: The Prank (A Hubris Story); Underhill; and Mu Mysteries. But I also have the novel Grakas: the Gnome (the Elementals of Celayone series) that I put away for a few…not because I didn’t want to work on it, but because it is so work intense that I didn’t exactly have time for it. But, it says otherwise LOL. So, after I finish taking notes on Judgment, somewhere in that, I might have to figure out space for a sequel for it…unless I wait until Underhill is finished, or The Prank. LOL. We will see.

I am also working on a newsletter. I am aiming to put the first one out in January and doing quarterly installments, if not, then bi-yearly. it will have updates, and character interviews and announcements and who knows what else LOL. It will be in PDF format, free and hosted at my yahoo group…  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cherrydumas/ right now, the yahoo group has all of the blogs (mine and the characters) posted at one place in case you don’t want to go to their actual pages, though, to me, it is more fun to do so *hint hint* ;) ROFLMAO

Speaking of the characters, two of them (and the eSerial) finally broke me down and they have their own twitter accounts. though they don’t have too much activity quite yet…give me a break, I just did it yesterday afternoon and afterwards, I was so confused my brain did a meltdown! so the accounts are www.twitter.com/allorana ( @allorana ) and www.twitter.com/PrstssShashanna ( @PrstssShashanna ) and www.twitter.com/MuMysteries ( @MuMysteries ) I will create one for Rita, Missy and Dominick eventually, I promise, but not until they have made it to Ireland and they have protection from the sun and are in a completely different time zone from me and I can actually have them awake when I am awake ROFLMAO. Talking as vampire characters when I am not actually a vampire (*snicker*) is not an easy task, you know. Not if I want to be in character with them! Not if I want it to be realistic…well, as realistic as I can be :P I know there are other authors that do it differently, but I want it to be as realistic as possible, at least with the time.

Let’s see, what else. I am going to say this now. In Into the Forest the Irish…or what Missy presumes to be Irish…is all jumbled. initially I believed it was Irish…and some of it is, and some of it is accurate, but getting it from various sources and not quite knowing what I was doing…I am going to fix what I can, but I am going to leave a lot of it jumbled so that I can play with it in Underhill…she is going to get smacked down by the Fae about it. but I mean no disrespect about it, and I will put an addendum about that. I am going to be learning…or as much as I can by myself, Irish. I have discovered there are many different dialects and variations of it, so it is not exactly an easy language to learn, but I am going to do my best, and I will try not annoying or disrespecting anyone…but I am sure I will somewhere LOL. It is not my intents, but I love the language, the culture and the land too much and I just can’t resist using it where I can.

One last note before I end this, there is much more, but I don’t want to make this into a novel! I can’t remember if I blogged about this, I am sure I did, but with everything going on, I can’t remember, so I will put it in again, just to annoy and pimp myself out some more *snicker* Don’t forget to join my facebook fanpage. www.facebook.com/officialfanpageofcherrydumas

Ok, that’s all for now. Hopefully internet won’t crash today, because I have a…or rather, Dominick has a really interesting blog to post later on, one that you won’t want to miss!

Search This Blog