Friday, December 4, 2009

Early Yule present

Yes, it is very early, and I am very spoiled. I am also very loved by my parents. They know I have a lot of health problems, including my eyesight being very…iffy at times. And writing and reading being my top…everything to me, they knew that if they are taken away from me, my world is going to collapse. Writing I did something about…I bought myself Dragon Naturally Speaking. It should be here within days. As for reading…Mom and dad bought me something for Yule/Christmas that I have been wanting and did not expect to afford for some time to come…

A eReader…a Sony Touch eReader.

It arrived today.

And instead of waiting for Yule to arrive, dad and mom had me open it today. What makes it so special is they are not rich. Dad is on a medical retirement, mom has just as many health problems as I do, dad is not in the best of health himself. We all are taking care of my ailing grandmother…and yet, they get me this present.

I couldn't ask for better parents. They are the presents…the eReader is the wrapping.

So, of course, I had to go buy some books for it, I had to. *grin*

So many to chose from, I was like a kid in a candy store!

These were the ones I settled for. I may have to go shopping again soon, so many others I want. And of course, there are so many hard bound and paperbacks that I want as well…this is not going to stop my obsession for those!

These are the ones that I restrained myself to…I bought the first one from the Sony store…I should have bought it from my publishers too, but I didn't go shopping there until the Sony store didn't have the second one…I am ashamed of myself…sorry Mundnaia Press! Sorry Dan, Bob

River by Skyla Dawn Cameron

Wolfe by Skyla Dawn Cameron

Bloodlines by Skyla Dawn Cameron

Bad-Ass Faeries by Elaine Corvidae, Danielle Ackley-McPhail and others*

Bad-Ass Faeries 2 Just Plain Bad by Elaine Corvidae, Skyla Dawn Cameron, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, James Daniel Ross, Jeffrey Lyman and others*

*note: all I listed were Mundania Press authors, I was not familiar with any of the others. No offense to those authors, I have not read you, I may like you ;)

Of course, I also have a copy of Judgment on there as well…and I am using it to make notes for things for the newsletter, and for some other possible planned things…including maybe, possibly, a sequel…I don't know. It is a possibility if I can bear to open the door…I am cracking it to see if it can open. We will see how it goes. I may talk about it, but I am not promising anything. The eReader has made this task a little easier on the note taking…already I have several "pages" of them ;)

Search This Blog