Thursday, June 18, 2009

new dentist / writing progress

ok, so as you know, I went to the dentist Monday morning…talk about a vast difference, in everything.

Well, the root of the visit was a minor consultation. I am scheduled for a week from Friday with his hygienist, and are going to have a thorough teeth cleaning so that he can get a better picture of what we are going to do. He wants to do the dentures as a very last result. with all of my health problems, I would face quite a few more complications. Which of course, I am expecting…but I will try his way first. He flat out told me that I could go to another dentist and they would not hesitate to pull my teeth, but he is very worried about the after-affect with the health problems I already have. It will take several visits and then once I am going well, he wants to see me at least 3 times a year. He wants me to work with both him and the hygienist. he told me that yes, my teeth and how I feel about them are rock bottom, but he is pretty confident that he can pull them back and get them better. We will see, but I will at least give it a good try. he wants to get me going with a very intense daily regimen each day. But, this is all guesswork right now, as he needs to have a longer scheduled time with me so he can do a thorough exam.

As for writing. well, lately there hasn’t been much of progress. I have not been able to settle my mind very well. none of my usual tricks have worked. I have gotten some progress…just not much. Also, the week before last I just didn’t feel good, couldn’t get my brain to function properly. and this week has been hell in terms of free time to get anything done.

I did sit down to write today…I started on Mu, but ran into a portion that is critical to the story, on how it is exactly that she communicates with the gods…I thought I had a workable way, but it does not suit the needs of the story. So I moved on to The Prank…well, my files became unorganized in that folder, and before I clicked to organize them, I saw a file named “Greek God Story” dated about 4 years ago. I do not remember working on this. Long before I started on Hubris. So, I opened the file and it didn’t look familiar. I printed it out so I could look closer at it, and now it looks familiar. Reading it, I remember starting it. I guess I did start Hubris before I realized it. Where The Prank starts at one of the twins pranks (evident of the title LOL), this re-discovered part of the story starts at their parents…romance. (Ares and the nymph, Daphne…yup, the same Daphne that Apollo wanted)

There are a few things that I will need to fix, such as some of the overall tone of this piece, but it will be fantastic to start out The Prank.

Thanks to running into the snafu with Mu, my brain has turned to mush. I need to do some brainstorming on that segment…Adelfi? Where are you? LOL…but after dinner, I might just put this new segment at the beginning of The Prank…I do need to eat. All I have had today is 2 cans of lemonade and a bowl of bbq chips. Not quite the right kind of food for brain stimulation LOL

Search This Blog