Friday, October 16, 2009

sick and no sleep, do I dare edit?

so, I have come down with something. who knows what. this is the first time in I don’t know when that I have come down with something this bad…usually when I don’t feel good, it is my diabetes. usually when I get sick, I can take some cold medicine and it blows over in a few hours…but this time, it is deep in my lungs. Of course, in the past, I have not had to deal with asthma. that might be a contributing factor with the cold/flu season. But man, oh man, my chest is killing me, it feels like a steel band around the lower portion of my ribs and every second it is getting tighter.

Because of it, because I am not used to this kind of sick, I did not sleep at all. ok, I did sleep. I fell asleep at 6:30 PM and woke up at 9 and was wide awake from then on. so I guess I did get a little bit LOL.

I did get a bit of the editing done last night, but I have a bit more to do. I have been playing on Facebook to distract myself. and it has worked…to a point. I noticed I have been a bit whiney. So I put a “WHINEY R US” as one of my status messages LOL.

I was thinking that I could possibly try working on the edits. maybe. I am going to go grab me a glass of water to pop some Tylenol to help with the fever and the chest/back pain and see if I can work and have words make sense.

Do I dare? It may be interesting what will come out LOL. Luckily I am at the stage of editing where I am running it through WhiteSmoke and through Word and not manually. Aren’t you glad of that. I already did the initial of that. After WhiteSmoke and then Word, I will run it manual one last time and then PDF it again. I am also rerunning the previous chapters, cause, honestly, I did not do it before. at least, not as thoroughly as I am now. I did a little manual, and Word…but not to the extent that I am now. So, it will (hopefully) be a little more seamless when I re-upload them.

One good thing, we hard-wired the internets, so we are off of wi-fi, and things are running a bit smoother. It seems that we have put a stop to the internet thievery…the weekend will be the big tell on that.

Search This Blog