Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just making the gods laugh…

I swear that is what my last two days have been all about. Monday started out awkward to begin with. I had so much to do, but just couldn't get my engine's revved. They no matter what I did…they just didn't want to go.

But I worked. I did what I had to do, regardless.

Part of what I tried to do was create a Facebook fanpage. (the address is www.facebook.com/OfficialFanPageofCherryDumas) pretentious huh? ;) I love it *snicker*

Yeah, that was an experience.

If you were following me that day, although I didn't chatter much, I did talk about what was going on. But if you weren't, here is what happened.

I had heard you could turn your profile into a fanpage as well as a profile. But for the life of me, I could not figure out how to do that. I looked and looked and looked. I searched help…but couldn't figure it out. So I decided to create a whole new profile just for my fan page.

Well, since I already had "Cherry Dumas" for my profile page, I decided to go with "Cherry Dumas Enchantment of the Mind dot Com" for the the second profile. So I started to create it. Well, then I saw that I could just create it as a fan page direct and link it to my existing profile. That's what I did.

So I kept the fan page private while I put all of the information on there. When I got everything done, I put it public. So far, so good right? Right.

I did a search for the page to make sure you could find it, and guess what I found? A fan page under my profile name as well as the Fan page that I had just created. Well damn! Some time or another I had started to create a fan page, but since I didn't make myself a fan of that earlier page, I lost it and evidently I was so new to facebook, I didn't know how to find it again, and then totally forgot about it.

So then I had two fan pages. Now what? I decided to delete the new page, because I would much rather have the page with just my name. But…I guess I was still having a bad day, because I could not figure out where to delete the page at. And every time I tried to go to the help section, it was down. By this time I was getting very frustrated.

So, I said "Screw it. I will keep both of them." So, I tried to keep all three of my pages updated…ha! After just a couple of hours of it, my head hurt so bad…and the thought kept echoing in my head of "how pretentious!" I decicded to do a fan page mostly so that people could get just updates on my writing if they didn't want to wade through my gaming and health and other stuff if they didn't want to. Because that is all that will go on that page, is just writing….I think. Maybe other updates. But the main reason was so it would not be littered with the vamp wars stuff.

Finally I checked one more time, and saw the help section was up. I looked to see how to delete the fan page…and it was so easy, I couldn't believe I didn't see how to do it earlier.

I swear I should not be allowed to do anything on the internet at times.

So, I went to blog about it and my computer freaked out so bad then froze…I shut it down before I blew something up.

However, I did type up about 6 blogs or so for posting at later dates…

That was Monday.

Moving on to Tuesday.

Tuesday started out great! It really did.

I completed two short chapters in Mu Mysteries (you will be getting both on the 1st since they are both short…two for the price of one, as an early Christmas present hehe). plus almost 2000 words in Underhill…with the combined writing in the two stories…about 5000 words, or there abouts…I didn't fully tally, so it is a guesstimation.

Also, my new laptop arrived. So I thought, this day will go great…much improved over yesterday.

This is when the gods really laughed.

I went to the doctors about my tummy. Well…the news wasn't good at all. I won't go into the details. Needless to say, food is pretty much a thing of the past. And I am on yet another ultra expensive medication to add to my already extensive cocktail.

And to top it off, when we got home from the doctors, I fell and banged up my knee pretty good.

As I am writing this, it is officially Wednesday. It is 12:14 AM Wednesday morning. We will see if the gods are through laughing yet or not…

Search This Blog