Monday, December 14, 2009

3-D or Hologram’s?

I watched a news report the other night about how they are going 3-D on everything. TV sets, those big screens at the sports stadiums, the movie theater’s…and how expensive it is to create these 3-D productions…and how annoying those glasses really are. Especially if you already wear glasses. It was stated that the images are projected at 120 frames per second—double the speed of a normal image. and that double images are projected into each eye with the glasses. Here is the problem…the glasses are bulky, they are irritating and have issues with everyday glasses, and if you have eye problems (like I do) you cannot watch the 3-D movies anyway…so the technology is useless for people like me…and we miss out on the thrill of it.

So, it got me thinking today…why don’t they take the money that is being invested into the television sets and the sports stadiums for this expensive technology…and focus it on hologram technology? I know that they have already made great stride’s in it…it can be projected like 3-D, and be even more in-your-face…and you don’t need any fancy glasses for it. Hey! I’m on board for that…and bonus! You can also use it for other purposes. Hologram technology can have so many other applications besides 3-Ding movies and sports. I can see lots of fun…and practical applications for it. And, like I said, the technology has already made great strides as is.

Why hasn’t it made better strides? what is the hold-up on this? I would much rather go hologram than the 3-D…This world baffles me at times…it is so technology advanced…yet on some fronts it is so technophobic at the same time. it is very…baffling.

Search This Blog