Wednesday, May 13, 2009

what did I get myself in to?

of all the things to decide to do today, with everything I have going on project wise, I decide to take all of my back-up CDs (almost 100) and consolidate them into as few as I can. I decided to take all of the CDs, go through them to take the files that I need/want, so that I can throw the old CDs away. I got tired of having to search through my CDs for things, only to find duplicate after duplicate of the same file over numerous CDs. So I launched into this project. It will be much nicer when I am finished, My CDs collection will be vastly decreased…but sheesh, I didn’t realize (I should have, but I wasn’t thinking) that it would be this long. I am halfway through. But there are files that I needed to find that it was a chore going through all of the CD’s. I did start on the cover art for Mu Mysteries, and got a couple other little things d0ne with Hubris, but the main project turned out to be trying to slog my way through all of these CDs. Amazing how they accumulate. over the years. while doing this, I somehow got infected with the mal-ware YOOG. LOL I did research on how to get rid of it, and they all said it is long and labor intensive…but, I don’t know if I totally got rid of it, but with deleting a couple of installed files and a couple of plug-ins in IE, it seems to be gone. **knock on wood**. At least, my home page has not switched back over to YOOG, and it is not listed in my IE plug-in page. so maybe…if I did get rid of it, I somehow managed to do it much easier than anyone else…and without having to uninstall/install IE again, or having to do another reformat. I was bound and determined I wasn’t going to do that. This was even with my internet provider going down for about an hour. We have been having so many problems with HughesNet that we are seriously looking into another satellite internet provider. Now, I need to figure out why my two monitors don’t want to activate during the log-in process…one or the other will work, but it takes several tries to get both of them to work. They get power and picture…but for some reason my video card (at least I think it is my video card. doesn’t like sending signals to both of them most of the time. So, I went ahead and shut off my spare monitor for right now until I figure out the problem. I would rather be back to one monitor then risk burning them both out, or burning my computer up. I am not going to plan what I am going to do tomorrow, project-wise. I am tired of deciding what to do, only to get side-tracked, or called to another project. So, tomorrow comes as tomorrow comes. I do know that first thing in the morning, I have to call the insulin pump company to find out what is going on. so for now, I am going to go to bed. I hurt. Time to try to sleep through the pain, at least part of the night. Night all!

No comments:

Search This Blog