Friday, July 24, 2009

the joy. oh the joy

I thought that would sound funnier than “The horror, oh the horror.” After all, it has been done to death ;)

My sister…who is not actually related to me, but goes beyond blood…had her niece born a few days ago. Her brother is now the proud papa of a baby girl…which, makes her my niece by-proxy ;). She is a beautiful little thing. verrrrrrrry long. LOL. Adelfi thinks her niece will be able to pick her up when she is five. We needn’t say that Adelfi is shooooort **ducks**

So, why would I make a joke about horror and joy when talking of a baby?

Very easy. If Adelfi and I get our hands on her….mwaaahaaahaaaa. We have very twisted and unique ideas between the two of us, and put an easily influenced child at our hands….It is bad enough who her father and grandfather are. hehe.

Instead of putting the newborn baby girl in a pink cap, her dad put her in a blue one. He is already planning on taking her hunting as soon as possible. Which, to him, is hunting in the bayou. He is in the military, while training, was their top sniper. need I say any more? LOL

She is adorable though. But, I do have to say, the look on her face is my sister through and through. The look shows two things 1) get that camera out of my face before I break it over your head and laugh while I am doing it. and 2) oh gods! is this what the world is like? let me back in! let me back in! I wanna go home!

On the writing front, I am going pretty well on Mu, and will be ready to upload it in a week’s time…**knock on wood** that is, of course, barring anything unforeseen.

That is my motto….”barring anything unforeseen.” Insert whatever needs doing before that.

We are getting the layout done for my new bedroom. We were going to build the new room for grandma…but where it is going to be, we wouldn’t be able to monitor that she doesn’t go wandering very easily. So, I get the new room, and she gets my old room.

My new room is going to be humongous. about double the size of my old room. LOL Dad says that I need a bigger room. Now how sweet is that? We are also going to build mom her own office. That way she can also do crafts in there, and I will be able to write when I need/want without kicking her out of the office. I have never been able to write where others can watch me. It is a very private thing for me. Not the work itself, but the process, because I open myself so much when writing. I am very sensitive to energies around me and as such I keep myself well shielded psychically. When I write, I have to lower my shields quite a bit to get every emotion activated…otherwise I keep myself too tightly shielded…sometimes so tightly that I have a hard time feeling even my own emotions, let alone anyone else's. That is the only way I can function some days though.

So, for my new room, we are debating if I get a walk-in closet or not, and precisely which end of the room is going to have the door. One end, I get the walk-in closet and we build a hallway for entering the house. The other end, The door comes out into the area that would be the walk-in closet and I will have a little entryway into my bedroom. It depends on which way we think will be more economical. I will be drafting up several versions of the bedroom with slight alterations to each plan so we can see what will make the best layout.

It’s times like this that I really really miss not having been able to complete my training as a CADD artist. I had so much fun with it. I was going for the mechanical sides of drafting, but I also had a blast with the architectural sides. LOL. I remember we had to design a house and I had this huge monstrosity designed. Complete with a theater with its own snack bar, marble floors throughout, like twenty rooms in total (give or take) including having an observatory with a retractable roof for my stargazing. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Of course, the walls were almost nothing but windows…that was when my skin and eyes could tolerate that much natural light…

Search This Blog