Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Poor kitty

I needed a break. I decided to come post here briefly…not sure how much sleep I will get tonight. My young kitten, Antiphone (14 months old), had a serious seizure this evening. I think we are over the danger spot, but not sure. poor thing is in so much pain right now because of it. :-( wish there was something more I can do for her than what I can do. I really do hope she is over the worse of it. I have only had her since September, but she is my little doll, and I don’t want anything to happen to her. I will be up keeping an eye on her most of the night. When I found her this evening, she was under my bed. I thought she was playing, but then I decided to check. my pup looked under the bed too and was freaking. when I looked, she was seizing so bad that she was bouncing between the floor and the bedsprings, which is a good foot and a half. At first, the angle her head was, I thought she was caught up in something around her neck. But when I moved the bed to look at her, she was totally stiff and she had drool running in big globs down her face. It took a lot of talking to her and loving her and wrapping her up in a blanket and holding her to get her to the point she is now. She is moving around, but she is screaming each time she does and walking really stiff-legged. so I know we are not out of the woods yet. For those of you who know, this is not new info, but for those just tuning in…we have no emergency vets, and the closest vet is an hour away, and he is more of a large animal vet…though he does work with small animals too…but it was after hours. So, right now we are on our own with her. I am hoping she is young enough that she will pull out of it with few, or no, side-effects. I hope. She has not shown any signs of bad health before…sure, she has a slight respiratory thing that she has had since before I adopted her, but that is it. So hopefully, it is just a fluke. I hope so. I know I will be taking her in for a thorough exam. My animals are sure playing with my heart the last while…several close calls. The cat that I was supposed to have put down, I had the vet examine him one more time beforehand and while he is bad health, we decided he is not quite to the drastic point yet…funny thing is, since the vet said that, he is eating again. I think he needed to hear it from the vet too ;-) LOL. But now, Antiphone is doing this. I will be very unhappy with her if she doesn’t get better. I have a feeling she will, but with what side effects, I don’t know. I can only keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Search This Blog