Monday, May 4, 2009

well, no real progress

I did a little writing, but after getting the updated stuff onto the website (I changed the look of the links on top of the page, and also did the link for the new blog…I just didn’t have the mental stamina to do much writing…and odds are, I will be chucking out the pages I did do.

You know, even with the weird spelling of my name, I have never had the urge to introduce myself to people as “Sherry with a C.” I think, even when I was a kid, I got a thrill when people mispronounced my name. Course, that doesn’t mean that when I was young I didn’t want to change my name to my middle name…I can be called “Cherry…Cherry, the big fat faerie” or “Cherry Merry Muffin” so many times, but now, it is so different that I don’t mind it at all, in fact, I laugh with people over it…but it is strange that I never did introduce myself so people knew how to pronounce it. LOL.

For the Mu Mysteries update, I am almost finished writing the first chapter, so it will definitely by ready to go by the beginning of June. There is a couple of key things I need to change in it, and I will need to proof it and edit it, of course, but the launce date of June 1st is still in the plan.

Funny thing, we had a stray horse show up today. Dad came home from town and saw a horse, at first he thought that it was one of our horses out, but it wasn’t. So, trying to corral it, our gelded stallion go out with this other stallion. Dad chased them for a bit, but then gave up. Not too much later, the horses showed back up, and dad was able to get them into the back yard, and then into the field (the field is accessed by the back yard). so now, unless we can find the owner, we have 3 horses…The odds are high that the horse doesn’t have an owner…because people can’t afford the feed and medical of them with the way the economy is, there have been a record number of people letting their horses out in the wild to fend for themselves here. it is really sad. So, we will see what comes of this one. Funny thing is, my dad was saying just a week ago that he was thinking of getting a third horse…LOL

We also had a dog given to us this weekend, though my grandma is more than likely going to take him. A very overweight black lab.

so, the count of animals right now (it will be changing soon as we get rid of some goats)…4 dogs (not counting the black lab), 3 cats, 1 plucked chicken (I mean, a blue-and-gold Macaw…minus feathers), 9 goats, 6 geese, 6 ducks, and 3 horses. Can anyone say, “Animal Farm”? LOL. We are getting rid of 4 or 5 goats, 3 geese and we are giving one of the horses back to her original owner…We would keep her, but her original family misses her something terrible, so we decided that they need her worse than us…at least, that was the last decision I heard LOL. Then, when my grandma can’t take care of her animals anymore, we will be gaining the black lab, a smaller dog and possibly a cat (if she gets one). It is a good thing we like animals LOL

Anyway, I am going to go relax…maybe hit the sack early tonight. We had a full weekend this past weekend…we had 11 people (besides my parents and I) here. it was completely hectic. then last night, there was a horrendous wind/rain storm, so the dogs were up barking almost all night. So between the weekend, and the storm…sleep is a good thing tonight LOL.

After I make some business phone calls tomorrow, I will be definitely working on writing. I need to. I am starting to reach the desperate frame of mind where my dreams are starting to go a lot more funkier than usual due to not writing….

No comments:

Search This Blog