Thursday, June 11, 2009

what a day

All last night I was in the place of barely asleep, but not yet conscious. I did not have a good nights sleep at all, and all day, my brain has felt like someone was in there with a hook scrambling the brain, and my skull hurt in the forehead and along the base of the skull where the skull and cartilage meet…it felt like things were tearing back there all day. It is still the same, but has let up a little bit. But regardless of that, I had to get online long enough to order my dad a new computer from Dell. I have had a lot of luck with Dell…of course, knowing computers helps. I will never but Sony computers again. I have had 2 and both kept dying and/or parts get going out because of the amount of dust they attract. That was what my dad’s computer was, a Sony. Already we have had to replace CD-Rom’s 3 times in it…so 6 CD-Rom’s, and 2 power supplies. The power supply went out early this morning again. We vacuum the computers at the vents at least once a week, and open the case and vacuum things out at least every few months…but when I opened the case this morning, the dust was so thick in there, it didn’t look like we had ever vacuumed it out. The dust gets so thick in them that just using canned air does nothing. My Dell’s have never gotten that bad. Never. So, I put up my old computer (now mom’s) for dad to use while his new one is being built and shipped, and I took out all of the parts from the dead computer to keep for spare’s and whatnot. I am also keeping the case in case I ever get to the point that I can afford to built my own computer. One of these days I will…that way it will have everything I want. Of course, after having customized dad’s new computer, I am having computer envy. This computer is just over a year old, and it is great, for the most part, but things have upgraded so much in the past year, that building dad’s computer I was like “Oh! I want that! I want this!”…when I have some extra cash, I just may have to upgrade some components in this computer again LOL. Computer envy…one of the few things that I get jealous of. I will stick with Dell…of course, my adelfi and her mom didn’t have too much luck when they bought their very first desktop and adelfi a new laptop just this past month or so from Dell…but, and I don’t mean this in a disparaging way, but adelfi doesn’t know very much about the internal’s of a computer…she gets by, sometimes barely, with just operating one, and her mom has never had a computer before. And, of course, they didn’t consult me when they bought their computers…so they didn’t get a few things that they needed….like a modem in either computer when they are on dial-up. LOL. So I told them, next time to consult me ;-) hehehe. But, as for me. My body hurts from being on the floor switching what internal things I could in the computer’s and dismantling the rest. and I won’t even mention my head. But I had to talk about the computer. I am going to go try to get comfy in bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. This week has been exceedingly hard on me health-wise…

Search This Blog