Sunday, June 7, 2009

dentist tomorrow

I am having mixed feelings about going to the dentist tomorrow. I hate dentists…well, not the dentists themselves, but sitting in that chair. And, add to the mix, this is a totally brand new dentist. If it is the building I am suspecting they are in, they have a whole new facility though, so that will be nice. I know this is weird to say, especially at 32, but I hope they do not give me grief about wanting dentures. I just cannot stand the pain in my mouth anymore. every tooth hurts, and the ones that are cracked or broken hurt the worst. I discovered yet another crack last night. I know these teeth are a big part of all of my ill-health. Not all of it, but it is a big contributing factor. I have a feeling that they will try to talk me into just having the teeth repaired…which in the long run, won’t be effective and also cost more money. I am tired of putting out all the money to keep fixing teeth that refuse to stay good. So, we will see what tomorrow brings. The only part that I am not looking forward to on getting dentures, is having all of my teeth pulled. I remember my wisdom teeth being pulled (granted they did it in the hospital while I was under because of my diabetes…and I hope they will do the same for getting ready for the dentures), but I remember the days and weeks following. Then I also remember when my mom had her teeth pulled in preparation for dentures. She was sick as a dog from it. But, who knows, so I will go with the flow on that part LOL.

We finished putting down the bamboo wood flooring. We tried to follow the directions, but by the time we got 1/4 of the way laying the planks, the first boards were completely lifted off the ground. So, we threw the instructions away and did it our own way, and it looks fantastic. but it is easier to scratch than the promo’s say. I put the first big scratch into it. about 12” long. I was so sick about it. It is also said that they have a protectant on the planks so you don’t need any sort of sealer or anything…yeah right. We are going to put one down after seeing that big long scratch. We also need to find a good cleaner/polisher for the wood. I ordered mats specifically made for office chairs and hardwood flooring. Not a bad price either…only $30 on Amazon. I was quite impressed…it is a pretty decent size too. Everywhere else I was looking was $60 or more for it. the other problem with the flooring was….we lacked just 1/2” in the final corner. just a measly 1/2”. but luckily, we had already planned that corner will have custom bookshelves there, so it will cover up the small gap.

The only thing left for in there, is putting the molding in and also building/installing the custom bookshelves. Then we can move into the office. I am getting so excited. It will be so nice to have a good workspace to write in.

When the office is complete, I will post some pictures of it.

I am also getting a “new” desk. My grandpa, just before he died, gave me his desk that he built. It needs a big of refinishing and a new top put on. But I am so excited to get my grandpa’s desk. Mom gets this desk…poor woman, she is always getting my hand-me-downs on things like that. She is going to be using my old computer, she is going to be using my old desk, before I got her a new iPod for xmas last year, she had my old MP3 player…LOL

well, I guess I better head to bed. Have to be up a couple hours earlier than usual, and I know how my body protests getting up early, especially if I did not go to bed at a decent hour LOL.

Not sure when I will be online tomorrow…but will (at the very least) pop a message on Twitter when I get home.

No comments:

Search This Blog