Friday, August 21, 2009

Cleaning Tip – How to clean the drains *without* using a snake *or* a plumber

Ok, so I am cleaning today…again.

But, this time in preparation for company…Bryan, Jaime, Taylor and Shaye are coming this evening, and Brad, Marline and Tyler are coming Early Sunday morning…and I mean Early LOL.

So, this cleaning tip.

My grandpa was a plumber, and my dad learned at his side…and they didn’t even know this. I learned this from my mom, and she learned this from her mom and her mom learned it from her mom and so on.

What you do is simple. It is cheap as well.

Take about 1/4 C. Baking Soda and pour it in the drain. Any drain. Then pour Vinegar…Apple or White, it doesn’t matter. It just depends on which you prefer for smell. Pour until it bubbles up then stop. when the bubbles go down, pour again. do this until it ceases to bubble up. Then let it sit in the drain for about an hour and then rinse it out. If your drains are still running slow, repeat. If they are still running slow, plunge them. Only then, do you need to go to a snake, and then if that doesn’t work, should you call a plumber. Cause then you have something major. But 9 times out of 10, the vinegar/baking soda and sometimes the plunger will fix the problem relatively simply.

My dad was amazed when I did it. You should have seen his face when I started doing it. Then he was skeptical. but when he saw the after affects of it, he was amazed and sold on the concept. no harsh chemicals. no expensive chemicals. no tools. and no plumbing. just simple cooking ingredients.

try it. you will be amazed.

 

LOL ok, there is my advertisement heheheh

Search This Blog