Thursday, November 5, 2009

AP Report - “It’s That Time of Year Again!”

Hello, and welcome again to the AP Report. And there you have another old and worn out phrase, right? LOL

Sorry about the slight delay in this week’s AP Report. I done tired my brain out yesterday. So, I beg your forgiveness and give you the pleasure of reading it tonight. I hope it’s a pleasure anyway *wink wink*

Ok, that made me feel like a sleazy car salesman! …ummm no offense to any car salesman who might be reading this ROFLMAO

on the the Report before I get myself into trouble tonight!

tonight’s special little winner is…”It’s That Time of Year Again!”

Ok, what time of year? We hear this phrase all throughout the year. Most notably during the holiday’s; especially in the US of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Then we hear it perhaps with Valentines for the men to buy their women--and sometimes visa-versa, though not always--something oh-so-purty! Also for Easter--though this one is a little rarer. Then it erupts big time once again for…. give me a T! give me a A and a X! give me a S. E. A. and a S. O. N.  what does that spell? TAX SEASON! **waves the pom-poms wildly in the air.**

Did you enjoy my little cheerleader routine? Please, I beg of you, Please do not tell me if you pictured me in a cheerleading outfit. Because if you did, I will have to hurt you. Unless you made me look petite and pretty…then…well…no. I would still have to hurt you. Just on the principle of the matter LOL.

Then it quiets down through the rest of the year until it hits the holidays again. But, come on. We hear it plenty. and we hear it yearly. It does not get cuter each year. No, it makes me dread it. And I can pretty much set my calendar by it. no…not my calendar. it is worse than that. I can pretty much set my clock by it.

And you know what is worse? when I read it in a book or elsewhere. Oh, yes, I have. I cannot remember just where, but I do recall that i have read it in a book. Will the guilty party please step forward so I do not have to hunt up the book and point fingers, because on this little number, if I recalled where it was, I would have pointed the finger. There is no excuse for this one to be perpetuated in on TV, on the radio, in the ads, let alone in a book. I about died.

It has been years since I read the book that it was in, but…yeah. I about died.

Who will join me in my new crusade to get this phrase banned? LOL. *ponders the wisdom and energy it would take to actually form a group on Facebook about this…* naaaw wouldn’t be worth the energy, and the inanity would probably be lost in the shuffle of all the groups there. but it was a pleasant thought for the brief glorious second that it was there. ;-)

 

**None of these topics are meant to be aimed at anyone in particular. Some of them may touch a nerve, and I am sorry if they do, but these are my views. I am even guilty of using some of these and am trying to improve myself in regards to them. Besides, if we can’t laugh at some of the words/phrases we use, then this world is indeed too sad a place to be.**

 

**disclaimer: writer I am, writer I will always be. But spelling I never claimed to own. There will always be spelling errors, even with the aid of spell checkers. Unless I employ 20 proof-readers, and if I do that, you will never get to see these blogs…so, guess you will have to put up with the spelling errors….or do what I do. Blame it on the Typo-Fae and say the spelling errors occurred en-route ;-)**

Search This Blog