Monday, May 25, 2009

Frustration continues / strange animals, cont.

Frustration. continuing from last night. though, amazingly enough, not about language. I actually am doing surprisingly well teaching myself to convert a word from Greek glyph to Roman glyph, then into English…though I have not done many, I am actually figuring it out. At least with the Greek.

No, what is frustrating today, is I made it to a crucial spot in The Prank, and now I have to check a fact about Apollo and Helios, I have heard conflicting information of them, and I need to see which one is the more accepted…and I cannot continue that story without knowing, because depending on which “truth” is the more accurate one, depends on how the future story will be.

So, I moved on to Grakas and, I got frustrated with it. It has been longer since I have worked on it than any of the stories that I need to refamiliarize myself with the story. I hate when that happens, because then I start playing with the story instead of making actual progress on it. Dang it. I am going to do my best to restrain myself when refamilizarizing myself with it.

So I moved onto Underhill…but by this time I was so frustrated with The Prank and Grakas, that I took one look at the words on my screen and I just shut it back down.

Time for me to step away and distract myself. Maybe I will go clean the bathroom and maybe vacuum. Anything to distract myself and get me out of this mood. I know, I will definitely clean my room…not that it is dirty, but my shelves do need a bit of straightening. Then the bathroom LOL.

For now, enjoy the next two animals in our family…

Next we have Babe, a Lassie Collie (that’s what we call them, though we do know that they are technically called English Collies ;-)) Babe was an interesting creature for the sheer fact that when we got her, she was addicted to Cheetos and Beer. She would do anything to get dads beer cans, preferably before they were empty. We had an antique western bar filled with beer bottles and cans and such. We had a Bud Light demo can that had liquid in it. One day, we found her on the floor with that demo can in her mouth, getting ready to punch it open with her teeth. We didn’t have her too long, because of stomach cancer.

Then we move to Odie…I bought Odie from some friends. They had raised many dogs, so we trusted them and didn’t think to check, when they told us she was a he. Like I said, we never thought to check. So I called her Odin. Well, when she went into heat, we learned the truth, and boy were we surprised. Months and months of thinking she was an Odin to suddenly become and Odette. Trust me, our vets had a laugh a minute when we told them. She is a beautiful, but ragged, Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler. Her coloring is the most striking of that mixture that I have ever seen. And she is very loving…until she gets mad, then she goes after whatever made her mad like a badger…you know how badgers make that funny noise, and will follow its target for miles? that is Odie. She also nibbles on her target like they are a piece of corn on the cob, snorting the whole while she is doing it. She has a basketball out in the horse/goat field that she chases around by pushing it with her nose. She would make a good soccer dog LOL.

No comments:

Search This Blog