Tuesday, May 26, 2009

wiped…and whipped

My blood sugars crashed really bad this evening. I had forgone dinner because of being nauseated, and my blood sugars decided that, out of the blue, and out of the norm, they were going to crash hard core. I hate that. It leaves me both mentally wiped and physically whipped. by brain feels like mush right now, with a side order of migraine. Amazingly enough, I handle extreme highs much better than I do even slight lows. My body is so used to functioning with my blood sugars at least in the 200’s, if not higher, so when I start going low, instead of feeling the lows around 70 (like normal people ;-) ), my body feels the low at 100. always has. the doctors tell me that it is a false low…well, tell my body that when I shake and tremble and can barely walk or think or talk when they are only 100. and it is not just a slight tremble either…it is full-out, I cannot hold anything tremble…oh, and also my vision either gets really fuzzy, or doubles on me. Course, before eating my snack this evening, all I had had to eat was a bowl of instant oatmeal and a glass of raspberry iced tea…yeah, I know, I should eat more, and more constantly, but when food doesn’t agree with me, I even have to force myself to eat what I do. That is not my normal eating, I do eat a little more than what I did today, I swear I do LOL.

Our septic tank is still in the process of being repaired. We thought it was just the enzymes had stopped working in it. So we lived with it since the beginning of the year. But it got to the point that it constantly backing up, so we had them come out with a backhoe, and we found out that not only was the distribution box and the leech lines higher than the actual septic tank, but the pipe used had collapsed. The entire length of the leech lines were also completely blocked up, so it was not draining properly. Because of rain, they had to stop working on it for a few days, and in that time, the hole they had started had filled half-full with water. The ground was so saturated from the years of not working properly, that the water was just standing. no evaporation, no absorption. talk about a pain. And because we have to totally redo the distribution box and the leech lines, which we were not prepared for, they had to also leave the job half-finished because they had to get new supplies. Hopefully it will be at least made functional tomorrow, depending on weather. Then once it is partially functional, then they can get the hole buried in the main backyard and continue to extend the leech lines into the field. That was another problem…when it was put in, the person skimped on the leech lines and did not extend them far enough out.

So far we still have the stray horse. They were supposed to come out today to pick him up, but they were unable to get out here…so there is still a slight hope that we can talk the state into leaving him here and us paying the going rate instead of risking being outbid, or not being able to make it to the auction.

I tried to write today, and I got a little done, but between the septic tank and being disturbed with the machinery, and dad in the office using power tools, and not being able to really settle, I gave up writing for today. I did work a little on the Greek God list that I am building (should have done this a long time ago), but ended up mostly finishing up my music list. I just need to re-find the songs I have for my sleep music tomorrow, and I will be able to sync my iPod. I have just over 4300 songs on it, plus several audio books, podcasts, games and movies. I way over killed with the size of it. I got the 160 GB iPod Classic when I bought it, and I am still in the triple digits with storage space with all that. LOL

Ok…my brain is saying enough. I chatted more than I intended to LOL. So I am going to sign off now.

Before I go. I finally joined twitter. my twitter address is www.twitter.com/cherrydumas or you can just look for my name.

Bed is calling….night!

No comments:

Search This Blog