Saturday, June 6, 2009

decision made / Strange animals, fin.

I have made my decision. Ries and and Iakonna get their way. They will be able to express themselves how they need to. Course, at least at the beginning, they will be swearing in Greek…and depending on their other lives as the series continues, we will see what language they will be swearing in. By the time they get to living in the present in America, they will be in English. We will play by ear though. Ries is happy, but not happy that I will let him out tonight. He is out for blood. Of course, mom and dad are not happy. They don’t care for swearing at all, no matter what, but when I explained Ries and Iakonna’s position and whatnot, dad was more understanding.

I did not get much writing done today. between major aches and pains, and all of the distractions…the writing was slow and tedious. Even Shashanna’s attempt to commune with the gods. So, after a bit, I gave up.

For me…I am still making up for the nights of bad sleep, so I am going to try to go to bed early tonight. we will see.

When mom and dad got back from the auction…they did not get the horse we rescued back…a big ranch told them that no matter what they bid, they were going to out bid them. But they did get a mare. papered quarterback. 1.5 years old. waaaay underweight. But she has already attached herself to all of us. Of course, we are going to keep her registered, which means officially we cannot change her name, but we are going to change the name we call her on an every day basis…we are still hashing out names. Mom and dad don’t like my suggestions of Greek names. I knew they wouldn’t. They don’t care for them. So, of course, I was just anming them off just to torment them.

For now, I am going to sign off…with the last installment of the “strange animals”. Tomorrow is Sunday…who knows what it will bring. We will probably finish laying the bamboo hardwood floor in the other half of the office. Of course, when the office is complete, I will post a picture of it.

____________

Strange Animals, fin.

Then we have Mo. We think Mo is part Blue Heeler and part Jack Russell. He came into our lives in a traumatic way. Dad ran over him with our water trailer when he left for town to get our water. It was winter time, just after, or just before, we put Orion down. I think it was just before. When he slid under the water trailer and dad ran over him, he broke his hip and leg in 6 places. We were almost sure he would have to be amputated, but for the most part, he acts like it was never hurt…but you can tell when he overuses it. He is a protector of women, especially me. You even look like you are going to hurt a woman and mo attacks. He is a hoot with my dad, though it is actually bad things my dad teaches him. My dad will come into my room, and when he is wearing his sweats, Mo tries to pull them down. Mo is to the point that he doesn’t like eating his treats unless dad tries to take it away from him. If he cannot find me, he goes into sheer panic. He will run through the house with his eyes open wide and dilated until he finds me. If he can hear me outside, but he is not with me, he whines and cries until I come back in. When he wants to snuggle, he throws himself across your lap. He doesn’t lay down, he tips himself sideways and falls onto his side, or he will throw himself down head first. But one of the strangest things he does is as he is walking along, he will put the top of his head on the floor and continue to walk, while dragging the top of his head across the ground. Or he will put the top of his head on the floor from a standing position and lift his front legs so that he is standing on the top of his head. I cannot be in the bathroom without him, and when he is in there, he growls and grumbles until dad comes to rattle the door, when he gets happy and attacks the door. He also lays under my bed, and no one will be around, except me on the bed, and he will lay there, throwing himself down and grumbling the whole time. He is the most grumbliest dog I know. He also gets very upset when he sees a squirrel or chipmunk go under the house. he will attack the window.

Finally, we have Antiphone. She is interesting as well. We haven’t had her a year yet…only 9 months. She is about 13/14 months old…so she hasn’t had time to fully develop or show her personality. We do know she has health issues as well…She has a slight respiratory problem…she is constantly sneezing. And just recently she had a seizure. She is very loyal to me and again, like Orion, likes mom, but can’t stand anyone else…especially males. She is such a klutz though. I think she falls down twice as much as I do LOL.

No comments:

Search This Blog