Thursday, June 4, 2009

Killer toys

I had a dream last night. a vicious dream. I woke up from it feeling like I did at least 2 rounds on every weight lifting machine at a gym…every muscle hurts. I hate when my dreams make me hurt like that. It is usually the ones that I am fighting in that does it to me…usually they are dreams of fighting demons, “shadows”, or ancient battles. not last night. sure, it was a fight dream…but the subject is not one I would ever have thought would enter my dreams.

It was a dream of killer toys.

Literally.

Brad was in it with me, but then there were several others whom I have no clue who they are. Brad appears in my dreams quite a bit…need to look into that. But I digress.

In it, I come home to a home that I own. That in of itself is quite amazing LOL. Here is where the weirdness starts. I walk into the house, and it is ultra-modern…I ain’t no modern gal. The only thing in this house that fit me was the electronics. LOL. It looked like the house was being converted to a smart house. So, I start looking around the house, and it is trashed. Things are busted, toys and furniture is scattered all around. I see Brad slouching on a bench outside the house in the back yard. I yell at him for trashing my house. He just glared at me. I go back in to start the cleaning, muttering to myself the entire time. I start picking up the toys (including baby toys. I have no idea why this house is just littered in toys, of all kinds. Old fashioned, high-tech, simplistic to the most complicated.)

Still muttering about messy people, and then it starts. At first a toy twitched. I didn’t think anything of it. Then they started moving. um hello…the ones the ones that were moving had no way of moving…some were blocks. Yet they were moving. I start backing away, to get tangled in one of the stuffed animal nets. It had strung itself behind me, and when I got near it, it wrapped itself around my head and neck and started to strangle me.
I managed to get out of it and started running through the house. I run to Brad and he just looks at me and says “it’s happening again, isn’t it?” I mean, what in the world?

So him, I and the other people go back in and try to break the toys, but they are still coming at us, in greater and greater numbers. Brad get yanked into a suddenly full bathtub by what looks like a inflatable clown. (Yes Seaira…those damned clowns…But I got him ;-)

We try hacking at the toys, popping them, breaking pieces off of them…someone grabbed a sawz-all (or however that is spelled), but nothing. the toys kept coming and coming. If we did get a piece broken from a toy, it started coming after us.

I could see we were quickly being surrounded and vastly outnumbered. I could see breaking them or damaging them in any way was not working. I didn’t know what to do.

I happened to touch a toy with my right hand index finger (that toy looked like wet seaweed, it was something from a fish aquarium) . It made like a high-pitched screech and cowered away from me. The first time any of the toys had backed off.

I looked at my index finger and then I pointed it at a toy and said, “Die toy!” Nothing.  So I touched it with my index finger and repeated it, and it started to turn black and decay, like a toy left untended for decades. It was still alive, but it was dying. It took a couple more times before it completely died.

We started attacking the toys like that, each of us with our index finger. We were leaving toys behind us, dying or dead. but they were still coming in vast numbers. For every one we killed, two more took its place.

Suddenly I saw a toy about my height behind me, I spun around. It was a life-sized Raggedy-Andy doll. I went to use my index finger on it, and it somehow communicated with me that it was there to help. we were soon joined by about a dozen other toys that wanted to be on our side. But still, the toys kept coming.

It thought to myself “Whatever is driving these toys must have a central driving point. something evil enough to control all these toys and keep them coming.” So me and everyone on our side fought our way upstairs and into the living room. I started calling for the “boss.” Shouting for him to show himself. to take me on if he dared.

LOL, he came alright. but not nearly what I was expecting. The source of all of the evil in the house was…none other than a Fathead full sized cut out of Michael Jordan. LOL. He started throwing basketballs at us, and I started fighting him…but before I could defeat him, I woke up.

I still can’t believe it was a cut out of Michael Jordan of all things LOL

 

___

 

So, you are probably wondering what I am doing up at this time of the night. My blood sugars decided to skyrocket and I had a hot flash at the same time. I keep having mini hot flashes, but not near the one that I had when I woke…I was asleep earlier. I really really do hate being human.

I joined a online critique group earlier this evening, and got my confirmation of joining just a little bit ago. The group is Critters. They are highly recommended, and work closely with the SFWA (Science Fiction Writers of America). They are a source for Science fiction and Fantasy writers…I don’t quite qualify to become a member of them yet…but I am getting close. I am hoping that Critters will help me in a couple of specific ways…1) help improve my own writing of course,  and 2) keep me kicked in the butt to get things written faster and in higher quantity/quality… so I can stop being such a procrastinator. I also have always enjoyed helping other writers. So this will be fun for me. I just have to get my first submission into their format so I can submit it into the queue to be critiqued, and in the meantime, I look forward to getting other people’s work to help them.

I think I am just about ready to go to bed, so I am going to sign off. But I did want to say one other thing. I still have a few more animals to blog about in my “strange animals” segment. The last few blogs I have done have been a tad too long to include animals into it, but I will be blogging more about them soon ;-)

No comments:

Search This Blog