Friday, October 30, 2009

dental work

So, after several root canals, the tooth we thought I was going to have to have pulled today is now fine. And hopefully it will remain fine. So, no tooth was pulled today…YAY!

BUT! the tooth behind it has gone sour. he ground it down so that no pressure is being put on it and we are hoping it will heal…if not, it will need a root canal, and the way my insurance it, and my finances, and it being the very last tooth…I am not even going to bother.  I will pull that one without hesitation. No messing around this time. I can’t afford it.

this is ridiculous. No offense to the dentist, it is not his fault, but my mouth is costing me a fortune, and I am beginning to doubt my decision to fix it rather than my original plan of pulling everything and getting dentures. yes, it is better to keep my teeth. yes, I would have had other problems in the long run with dentures. but already I have spent close to a grand on my mouth out-of-pocket and we are only 1/4 of the way through fixing everything. I have a lot of work left to do.

I am putting everything else off until after the first of the year. I have to anyway, I am out of benefits and out of money. Come the first of the year, I am going to sit down and discuss with him exactly what it is going to take, price-wise and everything, to get my mouth fixed up. I don’t know if I can afford to do any more, even with starting the year fresh with dental benefits. I would run into the same problem with any dentist cost-wise. it is not like dental work is free.

Maybe after a couple of months, a fresh perspective will occur. I just don’t know. I am back to questioning dentures, but I have so much invested in my mouth now, that I would hate to throw that away. but, it is dental work. it is not like it lasts anyway. that is the sad thing.

what makes it worse, is I had to have my dad pay off my outstanding bill with the dentist today. a big chunk of change…added to my glasses that he paid off today as well. almost $600 went out today.

So, though I can’t pay him back with money, I am going to go back him some treats. It is the least I can do….

maybe some inspiration about the dentist will come shortly…I don’t have many options where I live…

Search This Blog