Saturday, October 31, 2009

What Hides in…the Fog #20

I walked along the road, and it took a while, but a car eventually came. It stopped, and they were going to take off when they saw me, but I convinced them that I needed help. Still, they wouldn't let me ride with them. Not that I blamed them. No, not really.

They *did* call the cops, who brought an ambulance with them, who took me to the hospital. At first they didn't believe me, but when I had them call my boss, who explained to them why I had been sent to the town, they sent someone there to check it out...who found bite-boy.

The state did some testing on the water, and found some very strange things and quarantined the whole area, plus some. Who know what will happen?

As for bite-boy and me? We have been committed. Bite-boy, it is not so surprising. Not really surprising for me either.

I have some good days; they have me on some medication that helps. But, there are days that I *need* those restraints, when the fog is my best friend and the skin...oh, the skin, must come off. Those days are bad. Those days I yell and scream. I can hear bite-boy echoing me as he, too, wants to rip and tear at his own skin. But these restraints do not let us.

On my lucid days, I fear for the future of that area. I don't think they are going to contain whatever it is that is in the soil. One day it is going to spread, and heaven help those it contaminates...especially if it spreads to a large city....

The End

 

©2009,CherryDumas

 

I hope you enjoyed this story…I had fun writing it. and, I think it may have sparked an idea for a full-length story in the future. We will have to see, but I definitely had fun writing it. It has been a long time since I have written this much in a single day. :)

Search This Blog