Wednesday, October 28, 2009

AP Report – now playing in theaters

Good evening, and welcome to this weeks edition of….*drum roll please* Annoying Phases …otherwise known as the AP Report.

This week I am going after that *cough* lovely little phrase “now playing in theaters.”

So? when isn’t it playing in theaters? Movie or any of the other type of theaters, it is still a theaters, so, is there a specific reason we have to know that it is playing in one?

Oh wait! I know. Maybe it is playing in Roy’s back yard garage and we want to all pile in there to watch it. saves on overhead, you know? *eye roll*

Of course it is playing in a theaters. Broadway. Duplex. Drive-in. They are all a theater of one kind of another. Even if it is a play, or a movie, or a ballet…it still has to play in one. Oh! I lie. in that case, it *might* be playing in a studio, or a gym, or something like that…but most generally, it is a theater. so, unless it is *not* in a theater, I don’t want to hear it *snicker*

the other phrase that is just as annoying is “Coming to a theater near you!” uh-huh *make sure you draw that out ni-ice and long.

I don’t know about you, but usually when either of these two phrases are used (and heaven forbid they be used in the same advertisement), the production is not what they want you to think it is. Thanks, but no thanks.

If (and this is a strong if *snicker*) any ad people are reading my blog…seriously consider taking those two phrases out of your vocabulary…or at least rework them. Cause, honey…they ain’t workin’ anymore.

 

 

**None of these topics are meant to be aimed at anyone in particular. Some of them may touch a nerve, and I am sorry if they do, but these are my views. I am even guilty of using some of these and am trying to improve myself in regards to them. Besides, if we can’t laugh at some of the words/phrases we use, then this world is indeed too sad a place to be.**

 

**disclaimer: writer I am, writer I will always be. But spelling I never claimed to own. There will always be spelling errors, even with the aid of spell checkers. Unless I employ 20 proof-readers, and if I do that, you will never get to see these blogs…so, guess you will have to put up with the spelling errors….or do what I do. Blame it on the Typo-Fae and say the spelling errors occurred en-route ;-)**

Search This Blog