Saturday, October 31, 2009

What Hides in…the Fog #18

God! How horrible! I stumble to my feet and pushing past bite-boy, I run out of the door.

I can hear his maniacal laughter follow me as I trip my up the multitude of stairs, eventually coming out of the church into the sunlight.

Sunlight!

I throw my arm over my eyes.

Had I been down there that long? I know I had not been down there all night, because I had spent part of the night above, but I did not realize I had spent the rest of the night below ground. And the sun. God! The sun! It hurt my eyes.

Carefully lowering my arm, I squinted. Maybe my eyes will get used to it. Whatever that water did, it made things unbearable.

But, even now, I can feel the light easing. It does not hurt so much. Maybe it was because I was in such a dim light all night. Yes. That is it.

I must calm myself. Still, that hideous light radiated off my skin, regardless of the light, and I can still see the fog, that beautiful fog with the creatures cavorting deep within it.

And that urge to bite and tear my skin was overwhelming.

I have to get out of here and to civilization. I must...and get warning about the water. Because if it is here, what if it is in other places?

But, how am I to get out of here? Even if I make it to my car, it doesn't run any more, and it is hundreds of miles to the nearest town...

And still, I can hear bite-boys maniacal laughter echoing in the recesses of my mind. Always laughing. Always calling "My preciousssss."

I have to get out of here!

 

(to be continued…)

©2009,CherryDumas

Search This Blog