Saturday, October 31, 2009

What Hides in…the Fog #19

Running. I ran for hours, until I couldn't run any more.

When I couldn't run any more, I walked.

When I couldn't run any more, I crawled.

The typical horror story escape. But I had to get as far away as I could. Though, no matter how far I went, the fog stayed with me. I don't think I would ever rid myself of this fog. At least, not until I rid myself of the influence of the water...maybe not even then. Maybe the effects of the water are permanent. I don't know. All I know is I am covered with bleeding wounds. Wounds from the trees and rocks...and wounds from my teeth.

I couldn't move another inch. I collapsed. The night was almost over. I had run all that day and most that night. I am exhausted. Maybe some wild creature will come by and end my torture, though I had not seen or heard any...any living creature that is.

But, by this time, I knew no more. I lapsed into unconsciousness.

When I regained it, I have no clue how much time had passed. The sun was high in the sky, but is it the next day, or is it the day after? I don't know. I feel so weak. I need nourishment, but I don't dare eat or drink anything from this region...if I will ever dare eat or drink anything remains to be seen...I have to get away from *here* first.

Climbing unsteadily to my feet, I stumble into an uneasy walk, then I gain my balance enough to run again.

After running for a while, I suddenly come across the road. Not the road I had driven yesterday, but the main highway. Hopefully, I will be able to get a ride from here to some city for help...

 

(to be continued…)

©2009,CherryDumas

Search This Blog