Saturday, October 31, 2009

What Hides in…the Fog #16

"Drink!" He shouts it...no, he roars it. It is beyond a shout.

"Ok, ok. I will drink." It's not like I will get out of here alive anyway. I think to myself with dark humor.

Downing the water in the canister, I grimace at the bitter taste. Well water, and not too fresh.

I wonder...I drank the bottled water earlier, and that was when I started seeing the fog. I wonder if the water was bottled locally. And if so, I wonder what the well water will do. Because if the bottled water is causing the hallucination of the fog...

Mentally shrugging, I settle down for a long talk with bite-boy. Yeah. Long talk. More like long silence.

"Who are you?" I ask.

Silence. Or rather, babble...it is the same as silence, really. Being from the city, you are used to all sorts of babble. It all becomes a sort of silence...and that is what this is.

"What happened here?"

Babble/silence.

Ok. So this isn't working. The only time I got a reaction was with the pictures, though I didn't particularly feel like being attacked. Yet...

Looking at the bite wounds all over the bite-boy, there was a strange fascination with them that wasn't there earlier, if I was being honest with myself.

But, when have I *ever* been honest with myself?

I moved to stand and bite-boy's gaze sharpened on me.

I stood and walked closer to his picture stash, and he began to growl. I growled back.

What. The. Hell?

That was strange.

Brushing it off, I bent to pick up a picture, and I saw bite-boy jerk to fly at me again, but I met him half-way.

Ripping and tearing at eat other with our mouths.

I fling him away and back toward the wall, wiping his blood off with my hand. He crouched down, staring and growling at me.

 

(to be continued…)

©2009,CherryDumas

Search This Blog